Manage your time space in thesis
Time waits for no one, a famous proverb which is completely relatable to anyone writing a thesis or a dissertation. Organization and management of work and time is the sure shot approach to getting written work finished according to the deadline. A professor who has guided many students in finishing their writing says “The most successful strategies embrace project management techniques. I recommend my students to invest the time to create an overall roadmap for the entire process of writing the dissertation.”
Begin by picking the final deadline date on a calendar. Then, work backwards; create a time line for the project adding what needs to be competed and when. You can then break down these major deadlines into manageable chunks, by quarter, month, and week and by day. In your class or workplace, have the weekly checklist put up where you can see it. Have a long term and short term to do list always put up at home as it makes the deadlines tangible and easy to follow.
In order to keep up the work at all times, create an excel spreadsheet with the goals put up in an easily accessible and searchable manner. In this way you can always have a tab on how far behind you are or how close you are to a deadline. It is worth investing your time to create this once during this entire process as the entire planning gets done in one go. As you move forward you can simply update the work marking it as done or not done.
Apart from this here are some things to follow :
- Cut yourself some slack – don’t be a perfectionist, let the ideas flow and then improvise
- Write in regular intervals
- Have notebook/ app handy to jot down points at all times
- Try to get the most important work done in the morning – most productive time
- Do not try to pacify your supervisor or guide at all times – have faith in you own ideas
- Do not take unnecessary trips – time lost cannot be gained
- Have an accountability buddy who helps you stay on track
- Make an effort to be happy – secret to productivity
These are some of the things you can do to manage time effectively. Thus the quality of the thesis is also improved in a planned time management process.
Subscribe today and get future blog posts your email.